Monday, March 21, 2011

Quilted Fabric Growth Chart

I was recently invited to a baby shower for two friends :) Sister in laws. They are both expecting baby girls this early spring. I could have easily gone out and bought them something cute, but I sew. For some reason I got in my head I wanted to make them growth charts. Someone made one for me years ago and and I just love it.
I perused etsy and blogs for some ideas and this is what I came up with from all the cute ideas I saw out there. The crazy me made four of them. Two for gifts for the baby shower and two extras. . . . just because!! There is always a baby shower to go to and or a sister having a babay :)

For the hanging growth chart I basically put a bunch four wonky log cabin blocks together, added a white strip along the edge for the inch markings. They were written on with a fabric marker. I added them AFTER I washed and dried the quilt so the fabrics would shrink before adding the measurement ticks and thus stay accurate. Then I added a loop along the top for the dowel to sit in and for hanging. On the back I added a pocket to hold a fabric marker so that it is always there when you need it!










3 comments:

Pam said...

so cute. I have been loving all the cute house crafts out there lately. where did you get the inspiration for your. I really want to do a house inspirered wall hanging either for my laundrey or kitchen or...

Heather said...

Super cute. I like this idea.

edeenut said...

It is very cute.